Hey, Marshall! Look what the Lord has done!
This picture was taken at the 2018 Ohio Christian Writers Conference right after I cried my way up to and back from the podium to accept the first-place award for Someplace to be Somebody, Pastor Marshall Brandon’s memoir I’ve crafted. Joy! Joy! Guess what else God did? He saw that we would get a perfect score, too. What? Woot!
It’s a humbling thing, because I didn’t write this on my own. Yet it is exactly what the Lord does when He prepares hearts for whatever He will do next. He worked in Marshall’s life before he was even born, and He worked in mine to bring us together for “such a time as this,” to craft this book when our country is in such disarray. So much hate, so much misundertsanding, and so many untruths cloud the hearts and minds of those who have refused the call to freedom, peace, and joy in Christ. It is our prayer that many hearts and lives will be changed through God’s story in Marshall’s life.
I am always delighted at what the Lord does, because He only does wondrous things, like:
- Revealing my latent passion for writing
- Connecting me with my beloved Marshall and Katika Brandon
- Helping me excel in my craft through… Wow, do I have enough room to put all the people and avenues God has used to keep me growing? Okay, here goes a partial list:
- My sweet Sam. He was my first and stoutest supporter before the Lord took him home just four years ago.
- Marshall and Tik (well, duh 🙂 )
- Jerry B. Jenkins (His writing did what we pray my writing will do.)
- Ginger Moran (She helped me string the “bones” of the story together. )
- ALL of the amazing faculty/teachers, and staff who serve at:
- Serious Writers Academy (https://www.seriouswriter.com)
- Blue Ridge Mountain Christian Writers Conference (https://www.blueridgeconference.com)
- Ohio Christian Writers Conference
- Greater Philly Christian Writers Conference (http://philadelphia.writehisanswer.com)
- North Georgia Christian Writers Conference (https://georgiacwc.net)
- Writer to Writer Conference (Hershey, PA, 2015)
- Word Weavers, Int’l. and my local WW tribe
- Nan Smith (through thick and thin, my beloved, godly sister/friend)
- Hartline Agency/Cyle Young/Tessa Emily Hall (my agent)!
- Jeannie Waters (my beloved southern sister and constant critique partner)
- Prayer warriors who lift this God-honoring project up to our great God.
Yes, I can go on and on because that’s what God does. He builds us up alongside brothers and sisters whose first priority is to bring Him glory.
We are still waiting for a publisher, but we know it’s in God’s time, because only He knows which one He will uses to reach the people He has chosen.
Whatever task you have as a creative of any sort, make sure to include people who will come alongside you and encourage, pray, counsel, critique, and yes, laugh with you. Don’t be afraid to be vulnerable, because in opening yourself up, you grow.
I will pray with and for you. Just add a comment or send me an email.
It’s what we do.